Access PubMed Health
PubMed Health, covering 2003 to the present, provides summaries and full texts of selected systematic reviews in one place. There is also information for consumers and clinicians based on those reviews. A search on PubMed Health runs simultaneously in PubMed. A filter is used to identify all the indexed scientific articles at the NLM that might be systematic reviews. This search includes articles from before 2003.
Information partners selected by PubMed Health to contribute clinical effectiveness information are:
- Agency for Health Care Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- Centre for Reviews and Dissemination (CRD)
- The Cochrane Collaboration (CC)
- German Institute for Quality and Efficiency in Health Care (IQWiG)
- National Cancer Institute (NCI)
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence guidelines program (NICE)
- National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Health Technology Assessment Programme (NIHR HTA)
- Oregon Health and Science University’s Drug Effectiveness Review Project (DERP)
- Department of Veterans Affairs’ Evidence-based Synthesis Program from the Veterans Health Administration R&D (VA ESP)
England’s Behind the Headlines service is from the National Health Service (NHS Choices).
Also contains information from the A.D.A.M. Illustrated Medical Encyclopedia and Micromedex Consumer Medication Information.
Contents: full text, government documents, multiple databases, patient education, practice guidelines, summaries
Access Level: Free, Open Access
Keywords: clinical evidence, clinical trials, consumer health, decision support, evidence-based medicine, patient education, systematic reviews