Date: Tuesday, September 27, 2016
Time: 12:30pm – 1:30pm
Location: Street Level Conference Room
Loansome Doc is a service of the Library to unaffiliated healthcare professionals and the public for online requests for articles and other full-text items via PubMed or other National Library of Medicine (NLM) databases.
Pre-registration is required to use Loansome Doc. Only non-returnable items, like articles, book chapters or conference papers, are supplied. Loansome Doc is a fee-based service with rates subject to change. (Notice of a rate change is generally posted 30 days in advance.)
You may want to view NLM’s FAQ to learn more about Loansome Doc.
How Do I Place a Request?
First, please register for Loansome Doc service via this online form
Ordering documents via PubMed:
Note: The full text of some articles is free via publishers’ websites. Look for a “Free Full Text” icon when viewing article abstracts. View abstracts by clicking article titles in your search results list.
- Select desired citations from your search results list by clicking the check box to the left of each
- When you have finished, choose Order from the Send To menu located at top and bottom right
- You can also temporarily save your selections and continue searching, by clicking the Clipboard option. A Clipboard icon will then display at top right and show the number of items saved
How long will it take to receive my order?
The TMC Library normally can fill your request in 1-3 days. Rush delivery service is also available, for an additional fee.
How will my order be delivered?
You have the following delivery choices:
- Web Delivery: we post your documents on a secure website and e-mail you the link. From there you can print or download
- Mail: documents are sent to you via the US Postal Service
- Fax: we can also fax your documents to you (an additional fee applies for international delivery)
- Pick-up: we can hold your documents for you at the Circulation Desk
How do I pay for my order?
Loansome Doc service users are invoiced. Payment is due within 30 days of the invoice date.
An Important Note about Copyright:
|Customer Service Contact||Alisa Hemphill|
|Hours of Operation||8:00a.m.-5:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday|
|Address||HAM-TMC library PC/ILL Department
1133 John Freeman Blvd Houston, TX 77030