The John P. McGovern Historical Collections and Research Center is a premier medical history collection.
To preserve and make available medical history.
- Obtain important, unique and interesting personal papers, institutional records, books, artwork, artifacts and realia that document, explain and interpret medical history, especially as it relates to:
- Arthritis, Rheumatism and Gout
- Psychiatry and Psychoanalysis
- 19th and early 20th century public health
- Preserve and maintain all items to ensure their longevity and usefulness
- Process and catalog all items and collections in an expeditious manner so they are available for use
- Make knowledge of the items and collections available through many access points
- Provide all resources users need to fulfill their objectives as efficiently as possible
- Work collaboratively with other libraries, archives and educational institutions to advance the profession