New Library Online Catalog Interface
Check out the HAM-TMC Library’s new online catalog interface. The new interface provides additional enhanced searching to make it easier to navigate and some added features including the ability to print, export, and email your search results quickly and easily.
For basic search help visit: http://hamtmc.thslc.net/vwebv/ui/hamtmc/htdocs/help/searchBasic.html
Sign up for STAT!Ref Evidence Alerts, an e-mail delivery service from current research of approximately 130 clinical journals on evidence-based medicine (EBM). STAT!Ref Evidence Alerts system works with McMaster University McMaster Plus, delivering pre-rated EBM alerts that are qualified, then rated for clinical relevance and newsworthiness by a panel of practicing physicians.
STAT!Ref Evidence Alerts offer a range of healthcare disciplines. Choose your area of interest and receive customized EBM e-mail alerts.
To sign up to receive evidence alerts follow these steps:
• Go to the library website, click on databases and select STAT!Ref
• Click on the Preferences tab
• Enter your e-mail address
• Select “No I want to create MyStat!Ref account” Password if you don’t have one
• Click on STAT!Ref Evidence Alerts
• Fill out the profile and click the Submit button
• Click on Medicine, Nursing or Rehab tabs to select your discipline
Note: If you already have a Stat!Ref account, you will be directed to the Preferences page. Click on the last button on the left column to sign up for the alerts.
More information is available at:
Ovid users will notice a new and improved version of Ovid databases, electronic journals and electronic books as a new Ovid platform becomes available on August 2, 2010.
The new interface will allow you to create and manage research projects within OvidSP under My Projects, just need to create a log in account within Ovid.
The following features are available:
• Add citations from an Ovid search to a new or an existing project by clicking on the My Projects button located at the end of the citation results.
• Export all images from a specific full-text journal article to PowerPoint
• Add an image to a new or an existing project by clicking on “Add to My Projects” while displaying the image in HTML format — not PDF.
Please note: the Downloading Images feature works ONLY with Journals@Ovid.
You can try the new version of OvidSP by clicking the Try it Now! button at the top of your OvidSP screen — or visit the following link for images and screen shots of the new interface:
Wednesday, August 4
2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Finding Qualitative Nursing Literature
Wednesday, August 11
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
PubMed – Basic
Thursday, August 12
3:00 a.m. – 4:00 a.m.
Wednesday, August 18
2:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
PubMed – Basic
Tuesday, August 24
6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Classes are free and are offered in the Library classroom.
To view the complete schedule and to register, check the Library web site: