The Electronic Resources Librarian will participate in the ongoing coordination and management of the Texas Medical Center (TMC) Library’s electronic resources and corresponding systems.
Reporting to the Head of Resource Management, the Electronic Resources Librarian is a professional librarian with an emphasis on maintaining the library’s content management and discovery systems. To fulfill the goals and mission of the TMC Library, the Electronic Resources Librarian performs additional work as needed, e.g assist with accreditation reports, education of staff and clients, collection development support, and other duties as assigned.
· Manage electronic resource access and system functionality in ALMA/PRIMO;
· Maintain accurate resource holdings and system updates in bibliographic silos such as OCLC Worldshare, etc.;
· Apply best practices for discoverability of library resources to improve tools and workflows;
· Seek feedback from TMC Library staff to regularly improve electronic resource system functionality;
· Communicate successfully with resource providers to ensure continuous access to licensed resources and resolve access interruptions;
· Create resource usage reports for acquisitions and institutional assessment and accreditation needs;
· Deliver high-level customer service, including technical access troubleshooting, instruction to users on searching our Primo discovery system;
· Continually seeks new ways to improve productivity and customer service;
· Support special projects assigned by supervisor on an as-needed basis;
· Represent TMC Library as a member of the Texas Health Science Libraries’ Consortium Tech Services Committee.
· Master of Library Science degree (required);
· 3 or more years of professional library experience
· Knowledgeable about electronic resources, industry best practices, copyright law, online catalogs, and discovery tools;
· Knowledgeable about basic cataloging practices, creation of provisional bibliographic records, MARC records, and rules and protocols such as RDA;
· Able to assume responsibility and work independently and collaboratively;
· Able to analyze situations accurately, plan work, and adopt effective course of action;
· Skilled using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, e-mail, and web applications;
· Skilled searching bibliographic databases;
· An effective communicator.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 /year
Professional Librarian: 3 years (Required)
Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
– 6 days ago – save jobreport job
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer’s application process.