Mission and Values
The Texas Medical Center Library (The TMC Library) delivers biomedical information to its member institutions for the advancement of medical education, research, and practice.
In the pursuit of our mission, we will:
- Provide authoritative information.
- Acquire, manage, and disseminate biomedical information.
- Explore innovative solutions for changing information needs.
- Educate our patrons in information literacy, on techniques for using the Library’s electronic resources and in critical appraisal of the biomedical literature.
- Seek to expand our services and resources to provide a state-of-the-art center for study and collaboration.
- Partner with institutional faculty, staff, and students to anticipate and serve their research and instructional needs.
- Collaborate with other institutions within and outside of TMC and support their missions.
- Collect, preserve, and provide valuable historical collections and rare materials related to the medical sciences and the Texas Medical Center.
- Improve staff skills and knowledge through professional development.
In maintaining our values, The TMC Library will always:
- Deliver timely and professional services.
- Uphold our professional standards and ethics.
- Carry out our work with integrity, accountability, and transparency.
- Provide leadership in defining the future role of the Library.