Thank you for visiting our employment page. The TMC Library is an equal opportunity employment institution, providing a challenging and rewarding work environment for our valued employees.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees. Benefits include health, vision, dental, life, short-and long-term disability insurance. Other benefits include an competitive retirement plan, an employee assistance program, paid holidays, flexible spending accounts and a monthly travel subsidy.
As a three-time recipient of the Alfred P. Sloan Award for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility, the Library strives to be a leader in work-life balance. We offer flexible schedules, employee development opportunities, and wellness initiatives.
The TMC Library is a great place to work, and we look forward to receiving your application.
All vacancies listed on this page are currently open. If no opportunities are listed, please check back periodically for new opportunities.
The TMC Library offers a complete benefits package which includes health, dental, life and short/long-term disability insurance. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, the Library provides paid holidays, vacation accrual, a retirement plan and a monthly transportation subsidy.
The HAM-TMC Library is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action institution, providing access to employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, political affiliation, or disability.
To apply for our open positions, please send a cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae:
Elizabeth Herrera, HR Manager
SUMMARY: The Systems Librarian oversees the maintenance, development and customization of the Library’s search tools through usability testing, extraction and analysis of statistics, and integration of the discovery system and other Library content management systems.
- Provide leadership, training and support for an integrated framework for library systems (e.g. link resolvers, digital commons, and access systems, integrated library systems, and discovery solutions) to improve user experience.
- Contribute research support for library collection analysis activities and assessments.
- Support and enhance the ILS, including testing, customizing reports, training staff, and improving staff and user interfaces.
- Collaborate with library staff, IT colleagues, and consortium partners to provide flexible and innovative information services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Library Science or equivalent from an ALA-accredited program.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate technical information to a general audience and to interact effectively with students, faculty and staff.
- Familiarity with integrated library systems including library databases, content management systems, authentication systems and Open URL link resolvers.
- Familiarity with electronic resource standards and protocols such as SUSHI and COUNTER and how these standards interact with library resource and discovery systems.
- Work experience in an academic or research library.
- Knowledge of or experience with discovery services and an understanding of issues and trends in resource discovery.
- Knowledge of or experience with Alma and Primo
- Knowledge of or experience with maintaining databases and troubleshooting access problems.
- Knowledge of or experience in library systems, acquisitions, cataloging, serials, collection development, digital projects, or information services.
- Knowledge of or experience with design, implementation, and maintenance of web pages.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae to:
The TMC Library
1133 John Freeman Blvd.
Houston, TX 77030