Thank you for visiting our employment page. The TMC Library is an equal opportunity employment institution, providing a challenging and rewarding work environment for our valued employees.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees. Benefits include health, vision, dental, life, short-and long-term disability insurance. Other benefits include an competitive retirement plan, an employee assistance program, paid holidays, flexible spending accounts and a monthly travel subsidy.
As a three-time recipient of the Alfred P. Sloan Award for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility, the Library strives to be a leader in work-life balance. We offer flexible schedules, employee development opportunities, and wellness initiatives.
The TMC Library is a great place to work, and we look forward to receiving your application.
All vacancies listed on this page are currently open. If no opportunities are listed, please check back periodically for new opportunities.
The TMC Library offers a complete benefits package which includes health, dental, life and short/long-term disability insurance. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, the Library provides paid holidays, vacation accrual, a retirement plan and a monthly transportation subsidy.
The HAM-TMC Library is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action institution, providing access to employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, political affiliation, or disability.
To apply for our open positions, please send a cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae:
Elizabeth Herrera, HR Manager
The Texas Medical Center (TMC) Library is a major research library serving Texas Medical Center researchers, clinicians and students, including two major medical schools and over 20 member institutions.
Liaison Librarians cultivate productive relationships with the Library’s affiliated institutions in order to integrate library resources in the curricula, research, and clinical operations of the Texas Medical Center. This position will be the Library’s point of contact for faculty and students as liaison to one of the designated institutions served by the TMC Library. Librarians are expected to develop and promote services and resources; participate in professional and scholarly organizations and activities; pursue personal professional development; and maintain awareness of evolving trends in library and information science.
- Develop and maintain a working, interactive, and dynamic relationship with faculty, students, and staff in assigned disciplines
- Conduct comprehensive literature searches and systematic reviews
- Participate as liaison for faculty and students in a designated institution
- Provide consultation on information discovery, retrieval and management
- Develop outreach activities and communication to promote library resources and services
- Provide instruction and develop and implement classes and workshops
- Create specialized LibGuides for research methods and searching
- Provide on-call reference service
- Recommend appropriate resource additions to the library collection
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure that clients’ needs are met
- Provide assistance and support to other librarians and staff when needed
Education and Experience:
Required: Master’s degree in library science (or equivalent) from an ALA-Accredited program, two years of advanced searching experience in medical databases for non-entry level position.
Desired: Working knowledge of medical libraries, experience conducting Systematic Reviews, background in health or life sciences.
Email cover letter and resume to: