Thank you for visiting our employment page. The TMC Library is an equal opportunity employment institution, providing a challenging and rewarding work environment for our valued employees.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees. Benefits include health, vision, dental, life, short-and long-term disability insurance. Other benefits include an competitive retirement plan, an employee assistance program, paid holidays, flexible spending accounts and a monthly travel subsidy.
As a three-time recipient of the Alfred P. Sloan Award for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility, the Library strives to be a leader in work-life balance. We offer flexible schedules, employee development opportunities, and wellness initiatives.
The TMC Library is a great place to work, and we look forward to receiving your application.
All vacancies listed on this page are currently open. If no opportunities are listed, please check back periodically for new opportunities.
The TMC Library offers a complete benefits package which includes health, dental, life and short/long-term disability insurance. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, the Library provides paid holidays, vacation accrual, a retirement plan and a monthly transportation subsidy.
The HAM-TMC Library is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action institution, providing access to employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, political affiliation, or disability.
To apply for our open positions, please send a cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae:
Elizabeth Herrera, HR Manager
The Systems Librarian oversees the maintenance, development and customization of the Library’s search tools through usability testing, extraction and analysis of statistics, and integration of the discovery system and other Library content management systems. The Library uses Open Athens and Ex Libris products.
The Systems Librarian will:
- Plan ongoing development, user testing and analysis of the Library’s resource discovery systems in a methodical, organized, phased approach.
- Be responsible for the design, coordination and support of statistical reports needed to support assessment of services.
- Implement tools/enhancements to improve access to the Library’s collections.
- Maintain website lists of databases and websites.
- Train staff on use and enhanced functionality of discovery systems.
- Collaborate with members of other departments to ensure client needs are met.
- Demonstrate practical knowledge of library acquisitions and metadata workflows in a largely electronic environment.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, and customer service skills.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organization skills.
- Collaborate with other staff members on maintaining the Library’s web presence.
- Assist with troubleshooting link resolver issues.
- Be responsible for other duties as assigned.
1. Education and experience
- Master’s degree in Library or Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution with 1-3 years of post-MLS work experience.
- Experience in Word Press or web design preferred.
2. Knowledge, Skills and Personal Characteristics
- Knowledge of XML and standards.
- Familiarity with library systems including library databases, content management systems, authentication systems and Open URL link resolvers.
- Some familiarity with electronic resource standards and protocols such as SUSHI and COUNTER and how these standards interact with library resource and discovery systems.
- Experience with discovery systems, user testing and content management systems.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae to:
The TMC Library
1133 John Freeman Blvd.
Houston, TX 77030