Cerqueira, O., Gill, M., Swar, B., Gill, M., Swar, B., Prentice, K. A., Gwin, S., & Beasley, B. W. (2021). The effectiveness of interruptive prescribing alerts in ambulatory CPOE to change prescriber behaviour & improve safety. BMJ Quality & Safety. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjqs-2020-012283
Puzio, T. J., Murphy, P. B., Kregel, H. R., Ellis, R. C., Holder, T., Wandling, M. W., Wade, C. E., Kao, L. S., McNutt, M. K., & Harvin, J. A. (2021). Delayed Intracranial Hemorrhage after Blunt Head Trauma while on Direct Oral Anticoagulant: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Journal of the American College of Surgeons, S1072-7515(21)00167-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jamcollsurg.2021.02.016
Huntley, B., Mulder, I. A., Di Mascio, D., Vintzileos, W. S., Vintzileos, A. M., Berghella, V., & Chauhan, S. P. (2021). Adverse Pregnancy Outcomes Among Individuals With and Without Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2): A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Obstetrics and Gynecology, 137(4), 585–596. https://doi.org/10.1097/AOG.0000000000004320
*Acknowledgement to Emma Silva.
Reddy, S. T., Satani, N., Beauchamp, J., Selvaraj, S., Rajan, S. S., Rahbar, M. H., Tahanan, A., Kim, S., Holder, T., Jiang, X., Chen, L., Kamal, H., Indupuru, H., Wu, T. C., & Savitz, S. I. (2021). A Meta-Analysis of the Global Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Stroke Care & the Houston Experience. Annals of Clinical and Translational Neurology, 10.1002/acn3.51322. https://doi.org/10.1002/acn3.51322
Desai, A., Gupta, R., Advani, S., Ouellette, L., Kuderer, N. M., Lyman, G. H., & Li, A. (2020). Mortality in Hospitalized Patients with Cancer and Coronavirus Disease 2019: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Cohort Studies. Cancer, 10.1002/cncr.33386. https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.33386
Ness, T. E., Agrawal, V., Bedard, K., Ouellette, L., Erickson, T. A., Hotez, P., & Weatherhead, J. E. (2020). Maternal Hookworm Infection and Its Effects on Maternal Health: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. The American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, 103(5), 1958-1968. https://doi.org/10.4269/ajtmh.20-0503
Yatsco, A. J., Champagne-Langabeer, T., Holder, T. F., Stotts, A. L., & Langabeer, J. R. (2020). Developing Interagency Collaboration to Address the Opioid Epidemic: A Scoping Review of Joint Criminal Justice and Healthcare Initiatives. The International Journal on Drug Policy, 83, 1028492. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.drugpo.2020.102849
Cummings, E. L., Fassas, S. N., Sykes, K. J., Sisson, A., Chiu, A. G., & Fox, M. G. (2020). Positional Installation of Intranasal Corticosteroids in the Treatment of Chronic Rhinosinusitis: A Systematic Review of the Literature. Ear, Nose, & Throat Journal. https://doi.org/10.1177/0145561320961004
Gandy, K. C., Castillo, H. A., Ouellette, L., Castillo, J., Lupo, P. J., Jacola, L. M., Rabin, K. R., Raghubar, K. P., & Gramatges, M. M. (2020). The Relationship Between Chronic Health Conditions and Cognitive Deficits in Children, Adolescents, and Young Adults with Down Syndrome: A Systematic Review. PloS One, 15(9), e0239040. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0239040
Huynh, N. (2021, April 23). OpenAthens Implementation [panel speaker]. Texas Library Association 2021 Conference.
Romano, J. & Huynh, N. (2021, March 10). Resolving Access Issues in Real-time: Creating a Custom Ticket System in LibWizard [short talk]. 2021 Electronic Resources & Libraries online conference.
Prentice, K. (2021, Jan 28). Assessment Culture and the Launch of a Library Dashboard [invited guest speaker]. Oklahoma Council of Academic Library Directors (OCALD) monthly meeting.
Prentice, K. A. (2020, October). Launching a Library Assessment Dashboard. South Central Chapter of the Medical Library Association Annual Virtual Meeting.
- Charles Njilefack completed Scrum Master training for IT project management, April 2021.
- Emma Silva completed the course “Bioinformatics and Biology Essentials for Librarians: Databases, Tools, and Clinical Applications” in December 2020. This is a 14-week self-paced course sponsored by the National Library of Medicine worth 30 hours of CE credit from the Medical Library Association.
- Travis Holder was accepted to the Texas Accelerated Library Leaders (TALL Texans) Development Institute. He attended in November 2020.
- Beatriz Varman attended NNLM class “What’s in a Data Story? Understanding the Basics of Data Storytelling” webinar in October 2020.
- Travis Holder featured by Texas Library Association online (2021, April 8). Between the Lines: April Member Spotlight. https://txla.org/news/between-the-lines-april-member-spotlight-2/
- Joanne Romano joined, by invitation, the Ovid Leaders Advisory Council, April 2021.
- Travis Folder has been serving on the Programming Committee for the Texas Library Association (TLA) 2021 conference. Travis is also the Programming Committee’s liaison to the Special Libraries Division, and a member of the Contributed Papers subcommittee for the TLA Programming Committee.
- Emma Silva is a member of MLA New Member Caucus, SCC/MLA Early Career Librarian Working Group and MLA Virtual Career Connection committees.
- Katie Prentice is the 2020-2021 President of the South Central Chapter of the Medical Library Association.
Major Library Projects
- Terrie Smalls-Hall and Jasmin Legaspi compiled updated cost per use reports including: Top 10 Most Expensive Journals, Top 10 Least Expensive Journals, and Cost per Use per Journals Package, showcasing library resource value. April 2021.
- Emily Tuck created Collection Highlights for the Library OneSearch discovery portal. Cover images and links to resource silos of ebooks and ejournals for 50 medical disciplines, enabling library users to easily browse for their specific fields of study within the TMC Library catalog. March 2021.
- Emma Silva and Travis Holder attended the UTHealth Salutation event. They created a video promoting library services that was presented at the event. October 2020.
- Emma Silva and Travis Holder started a project to assign NLM’s MeSH terms to the most popular biomedical informatics concepts for UTHealth School of Biomedical Informatics. (February 2020-present)