Ask a Librarian
Library Staff Accomplishments Archives
September 2020-September 2021
The TMC Library staff participate in a variety of professional activities. Included on this page are recent publications, presentations, courses completed, professional service activities, and major library projects.
- Misra, S.M., Holdstock, N., Baez, J.C., Garcia N., Guiterrez, A., Swamy, P., Lee, K., Bjugstad, A., (2021) Systematic review of former unaccompanied immigrant minors’ access to healthcare services in the United States. Journal of Public Health (Berl.) https://doi.org/10.1007/s10389-021-01652-5
- Wetherill, M., Duncan, A., Bowman, H., Collins, R., Santa-Pinter, N., Jackson, M., Lynn, C. M., Prentice, K., & Isaacson, M. (2021, July 11). Promoting nutrition equity for individuals with physical challenges: A systematic review of barriers and facilitators to healthy eating. Preventive Medicine. doi:10.1016/j.ypmed.2021.106723
- Desai, A., Gupta, R., Advani, S., Ouellette, L., Kuderer, N. M., Lyman, G. H., & Li, A. (2020). Mortality in Hospitalized Patients with Cancer and Coronavirus Disease 2019: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Cohort Studies. Cancer, 10.1002/cncr.33386. https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.33386
- Ness, T. E., Agrawal, V., Bedard, K., Ouellette, L., Erickson, T. A., Hotez, P., & Weatherhead, J. E. (2020). Maternal Hookworm Infection and Its Effects on Maternal Health: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. The American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, 103(5), 1958-1968. https://doi.org/10.4269/ajtmh.20-0503
- Yatsco, A. J., Champagne-Langabeer, T., Holder, T. F., Stotts, A. L., & Langabeer, J. R. (2020). Developing Interagency Collaboration to Address the Opioid Epidemic: A Scoping Review of Joint Criminal Justice and Healthcare Initiatives. The International Journal on Drug Policy, 83, 1028492. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.drugpo.2020.102849
- Cummings, E. L., Fassas, S. N., Sykes, K. J., Sisson, A., Chiu, A. G., & Fox, M. G. (2020). Positional Installation of Intranasal Corticosteroids in the Treatment of Chronic Rhinosinusitis: A Systematic Review of the Literature. Ear, Nose, & Throat Journal. https://doi.org/10.1177/0145561320961004
- Gandy, K. C., Castillo, H. A., Ouellette, L., Castillo, J., Lupo, P. J., Jacola, L. M., Rabin, K. R., Raghubar, K. P., & Gramatges, M. M. (2020). The Relationship Between Chronic Health Conditions and Cognitive Deficits in Children, Adolescents, and Young Adults with Down Syndrome: A Systematic Review. PloS One, 15(9), e0239040. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0239040
- Prentice, K. The Role of the Library in the Age of Online Education [Panel Presenter]. Henry Stewart Events, OnlineEd 2021: The Global Event for Online Learning and Teaching in Higher Education. May 20, 2021.
- Richardson, M. (2021 April). Designing Your “Memory Lab”: Lessons from DIY Personal Archive Digitization Labs. Texas Library Association 2021 Virtual Annual Conference
- Richardson, M. (2021 April). The Power to Empower: Sharing the Library Vision with Support Staff [panel speaker]. Texas Library Association 2021 Virtual Annual Conference
- Huynh, N. (2021, April 23). OpenAthens Implementation [panel speaker]. Texas Library Association 2021 Conference.
- Romano, J. & Huynh, N. (2021, March 10). Resolving Access Issues in Real-time: Creating a Custom Ticket System in LibWizard [short talk]. 2021 Electronic Resources & Libraries online conference.
- Prentice, K. (2021, Jan 28). Assessment Culture and the Launch of a Library Dashboard [invited guest speaker]. Oklahoma Council of Academic Library Directors (OCALD) monthly meeting.
- Prentice, K. A. (2020, October). Launching a Library Assessment Dashboard. South Central Chapter of the Medical Library Association Annual Virtual Meeting.
- Emma Silva completed the course “Bioinformatics and Biology Essentials for Librarians: Databases, Tools, and Clinical Applications” in December 2020. This is a 14-week self-paced course sponsored by the National Library of Medicine worth 30 hours of CE credit from the Medical Library Association.
- Travis Holder was accepted to the Texas Accelerated Library Leaders (TALL Texans) Development Institute. He graduated in December 2020.
- Beatriz Varman attended NNLM class “What’s in a Data Story? Understanding the Basics of Data Storytelling” webinar in October 2020.
- Emma Silva is a member of MLA New Member Caucus, SCC/MLA Early Career Librarian Working Group and MLA Virtual Career Connection committees.
- Katie Prentice is the 2020-2021 President of the South Central Chapter of the Medical Library Association.
Major Library Projects
- Emma Silva and Travis Holder attended the UTHealth Salutation event. They created a video promoting library services that was presented at the event. October 2020.
- Emma Silva and Travis Holder started a project to assign NLM’s MeSH terms to the most popular biomedical informatics concepts for UTHealth School of Biomedical Informatics. (February 2020-present)
- Yates, Sandra, Project Staff: Web Resources Consultant manages the web development for CAW Toolkit and CAW Handbook websites; Community Archiving Workshop – A Regional Training of Trainers (2018-2021); IMLS, Laura Bush 21st Century Librarians Program; AMIA, CAW.