by Sandra Yates, Head of McGovern Historical Center
October is Archives Month! The TMC Library is celebrating with a special opportunity to support the McGovern Historical Center. Help the McGovern Historical Center secure the history of the Texas Medical Center.
When you make a tax-deductible gift to the McGovern Historical Center, your money goes a long way. All levels of donation are welcome and support our work. Here are examples of how we utilize financial support:
- $10 buys an archival box to preserve papers
- $50 preserves one box of collection materials
- $250 buys permanent archival labels for boxes
- $500 purchases film preservation supplies
- $1,500 supports a year of online access to our collections archives.library.tmc.edu/
- $2,500 upgrades the camera we use for digitization
- $5,000 helps us fund a 12-week internship for an archives student
Financial gifts made during October include three levels of special recognition:
- Donors of $5 or more will receive special thanks
- Donors of $50 or more will have their name permanently inscribed on an archival box label
- Donors of $250 or more will be invited to a reception in the McGovern Rare Book Collection early in 2023.
Help the campaign follow and tag #Give2History on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. With your support we hope to surpass our $1,000 goal for the month.
Tell Your Friends
Download our Give2History social media graphics and share on any social platform. You can also print and share the Give2History-flyer (PDF).