Date: Tuesday, February 9, 2016
Time: 12:30pm – 1:30pm
Location: Street Level Conference Room
The Mission of the Texas Medical Center organization is to promote the highest quality health status for all people by assisting institutions of the Texas Medical Center to achieve individual and collective goals of the highest possible standards of patient and preventive care, of research and education, and of local, national and international community well-being. In its support of the Texas Medical Center’s mission, The TMC Library brings together resources, information, and expertise to provide innovative support for the acquisition, management, and delivery of biomedical knowledge to the Institutions of the Texas Medical Center.
In the pursuit of our mission, we will:
- Improve access at point of need by applying emerging technology
- Evaluate and provide high-quality e-resources that are accessible anytime and anywhere
- Collect, preserve and provide access to valuable Texas Medical Center historical collections and rare books
- Provide a center for study and collaboration
- Partner with the teaching schools’ faculty, staff and students to anticipate and serve their needs
- In support of the mission of the TMC, promote activities to the community that create awareness of health education and literacy
We will maintain the following values:
- Commit to personal, timely and professional service through the embodiment of excellent customer-service skills and attitudes with the public and each other
- Ensure integrity, accountability and open communications in all that we do
- Encourage internal and external collaboration, cooperation and transparency
- Provide leadership in defining the future role of the library with its supporting institutions of the TMC
- Uphold professional standards and ethics within a positive work environment that values teamwork, respect, creativity and good humor
- Promote the principles of innovation, accountability, excellence, collaboration, education, outreach, integrity and leadership among the staff of The TMC Library.
In pursuit of Excellence, we engage in strategic planning:
In 2013, the library redefined its strategic plan outlining plans for the library to align its talents and resources to support the institutions of the TMC through 2016. A committee of library staff led by the executive director, worked for over a year to identify and define potential goals in an extensive process that included input from our constituent institutions. The resulting plan took a comprehensive look at all areas of operations and identified four major goals of highest importance. Our new strategic plan can be viewed here and we encourage your comments and feedback as we look ahead to an exciting and challenging future for the library.