Vision, Mission & Values
The McGovern Historical Research Center (MHC) seeks to significantly contribute to better health, healthcare, health policies, research and education in the Texas Medical Center and throughout the world.
The McGovern Historical Research Center (MHC) preserves and provides access to the historical collections and rare materials of the Texas Medical Center’s (TMC) institutions, faculty and staff, so that the TMC institutions and other constituencies may benefit from the Center’s collections that contribute to healthcare, health policy, research and education throughout the world.
- In the pursuit of our mission, The MHC aligns with the values of the TMC Library and will always:
- Deliver timely and professional services.
- Uphold our professional standards and ethics.
- Carry out our work with integrity, accountability, and transparency.
- Provide leadership in defining the future role of the MHC.
- The MHC recognizes the fundamental importance of diversity and inclusion in its collections, users, staff, programs, and scholarship.
- The MHC follows the best archival practices of the Society of American Archivists, the Academy of Certified Archivists, and the International Council of Archives.