The mission of The Friends of The Texas Medical Center (TMC) Library is to support and promote the Library.
- Increase public awareness of the Library
- Support the Library’s plan to collect, provide and conserve bio-medical information
- Raise money for the Library
- Serve in an advisory capacity to the Library
The Friends provide meaningful financial support to the Library. Recent gifts include:
- Purchase of the Journal of the American Medical Association back-files
- Patron Driven Acquisition of e-books
- Architectural plans for the Library’s redesign project
- Staff development
The Friends of the TMC Library is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization. All donations to the Friends organization are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Governed by a Board of Directors composed of community volunteers, the Board has an outstanding representation of medical, academic, and business professionals. The Friends meet every other month throughout the academic year, September through May.
Become a Member of the Friends of The TMC Library.
Individuals, medical associations and societies, hospitals, corporations and foundations are invited to become members of the Friends, a non-profit 501(c)3 organization. Since 2006, the Friends have provided $50,000 for books and journals in the Library’s collection, $30,000 for public health information, $4,000 for lectures, $25,000 for staff development and $35,000 towards the Library’s capital campaign.
Board of Directors 2014-2015
- John E. Wolf, Jr., MD, MA, President
- Lynn C. Yeoman, PhD, Treasurer
- Jennifer M. Bell, BSc, MBA
- L. Maximilian Buja, MD
- David B. Cripps
- Mark Dannenbaum, MD
- Michael C. DuBose
- Adrian S. Melissinos, PhD, RN
- John C. Ribble, MD
- Christopher Sanderson
- A. William “Bill” St. Clair
- Mr. S. Conrad Weil, Jr.
- Arlo Weltge, MD
Advisory Board 2013-2014
- Mrs. Carolyn Alexander
- Mrs. Kenneth E. Bentsen (Mary)
- Earl J. Brewer, Jr., MD
- Robin Burke Britt, EdD, RNC
- Mrs. Rogene Gee Calvert
- Mrs. Lora Clemmons
- Mr. Gail Crawford
- Mr. James L. Daniel, Jr.
- Lois DeBakey, PhD
- Ms. Selma DeBakey
- Mrs. Carolyn Hamilton
- Kathy Hoffman
- Nancy Luca, PhD
- Betsy Parish
- Mr. Hart Peebles
- Barbara Ann Radnofsky, Esq.
- Shelley Sekula-Gibbs, MD
- Mr. Philip Patrick Sun, AIA, ACHA
- Richard E. Wainerdi, PE, PhD
Friends of The TMC Library
1133 John Freeman Blvd.
Houston, Texas 77030